...who am I?

mom, photograph obsessed, DIY-er
who likes to elaborate on & search for
ways to make all three better and easier
...in style.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Mac N Cheese [with a twist] !

Who (in their right mind) doesn't love macaroni & cheese? I can't think of one person whom I know that I do. I came across this recipe when I was in college. It's actually from my ex's mom, although I think my version is slightly modified. Have fun & enjoy the tasty deliciousness!

Ingredients:
1/2 box shells (noodles)
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 stick Velveeta spread
1 slice American cheese
1 tbsp sharp cheddar
Salt & pepper

Photobucket

Directions:
Boil water. Add macaroni shells. Cook until tender. Strain water.

Before adding strained macaroni back to pot, first add diced tomatoes. Then, add macaroni shells. Stir the mixture. Let mixture simmer at low heat.

Cut velveeta spread into 1/4" slices, then cut those into cubes. Slowly begin to add & stir in to mixture, turning the temperature up to melt cheese if needed. Add sharp cheddar & american cheese.

Once all the cheese has been melted, salt & pepper macaroni & cheese to taste.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment