...who am I?

mom, photograph obsessed, DIY-er
who likes to elaborate on & search for
ways to make all three better and easier
...in style.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Food Addiction

I swear, I have a problem with food. I love it. I know this is common - or so many people wouldn't want to find fast, easy solutions to weight loss. & the companies that make diet pills would not make so much money.

Recently, my husband & I decided we had to do something about the way we eat. It isn't healthy & I'm just as tired of asking, "What do you want for dinner?" every night just as much as he is tired of saying he doesn't know.

Our solution is a simple, cheap one. Emeals. It is an online subscription which you pay for to receive a planned meal once a week for every day of the week. The only reason I decided to go with this was because of a group of moms I met that were all due in June (when I was) with their babies. They suggested it once & I was interested at the time, but later it was brought up again. The second time, it was on groupon for 1/2 off. I knew I had just received an e-mail from Groupon about having a $20 coupon. The emeals subscription was on sale for $29. So - I scored it for $9! A whole year's worth of meals...for $9!

Not only was it a cheap solution, it also gave us the opportunity to get healthier. There are tons of fruits & vegetables on there every day. Just tonight, we had spinach, tomatoes, chilles, strawberries & blueberries...in ONE meal!

Now that we have had this for just under two weeks, I have to say, I'm hooked. Dan loves it because it is a nice change compared to the same recipes I would make all the time. There are a few things I know he will still want every now & then that aren't on the list frequently, but I'm excited to start something new & different...and also, to get more healthy doing it!

I would highly recommend this if you have trouble finding things to eat for dinner!

2 comments: