...who am I?

mom, photograph obsessed, DIY-er
who likes to elaborate on & search for
ways to make all three better and easier
...in style.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Re-purposing

How to: re-purpose
(on a budget)

I find that I hate spending money on things I will never use. I currently have a whole corner of my dining room designated to things I need to get rid of...I'm just not sure how I'll go about that yet.

But, as a woman who loves clothes & shoes - one thing I can never get enough of is a new shirt or a new pair of boots (at least every once in a while).

My problem is: how do I justify it when I already have so much? I don't need for anything, so I feel badly when I want to buy something new.

Instead, I go to a consignment store & take anything that no longer fits (or I no longer wear) back. I get paid & I go shopping with that money. Second hand isn't so bad, especially not when you shop at places like Plato's Closet, where you can find things that sometimes still have tags on them.

Frugality? Yes. New clothes? Yes.

Win...win!

No comments:

Post a Comment