...who am I?

mom, photograph obsessed, DIY-er
who likes to elaborate on & search for
ways to make all three better and easier
...in style.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Someday, you'll understand...

I can now understand why my mom was always so worried about me when I was growing up. I used to think it was so lame how she'd ask me about my homework or if I'd cleaned my room...or told me that I needed to go to the doctor when I was sick.

You know that saying, "someday you'll understand when you have your own"? Yeah, it's biting me in the behind right now. Because I do. I understand now what it's like to have a sick child. & you know what? It blows. 

Yesterday afternoon I noticed Elonah's little nose was runny. She's been sneezing a few times a day since she was born so I figured it was just that. As the day went on, she became more sneezy & mucous-y. My husband busted out the boogie wipes & that seemed to help. I noticed later she was coughing & getting raspy when she cried. We checked her temperature before giving her a bath & it was pretty high. My mom was here so she ran to the store & got some baby Tylenol & some baby Vicks.

We gave her a bath & I dressed her in a onesie & lathered on the rub. I gave her some tylenol & nursed her to sleep. My poor little love bug hardly put up a fight. & she woke up maybe three times all night to eat. I feel like a new momma! But not for a good reason...

As I sit here, my normally fussy, cranky, sometimes happy baby is in her swing, rocking away. Only now, she's tired. & not herself. I feel so bad for her. There's nothing I can do but wait until 3:30 when she has her appointment with the pediatrician

In the meantime, I've got to wake my husband up & get some bath soap for later. There's nothing worse than a baby who's sick. & she'll always be my baby. & I'm still my moms'.

No comments:

Post a Comment